Monday, April 11, 2011

Summer Reading

I envy those people who find good books easy to come by. I feel like anytime I go into a bookstore or the library, everything looks "meh" and not necessarily worth my time to pick up and read. I tend to find a good book and then read through everything that author has ever written.
Despite a heavy school schedule, I've discovered the wonders of audiobooks. On the bus or walking to class I can "read," something I never have time for otherwise. Being able to rent and download audiobooks from the Anchorage library has been a great for this. I've read four books in the last month! I've put together a summer reading list for myself and some to read and/or listen to with Mike but I want more. Books suggested to me by friends and family are always great but a little to far between for my tastes. If you have any good book suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
Since I would hate to be  without giving anything in return, here are a few books that I've enjoyed recently-ish:


  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (I just finished this one this morning and can't wait to read the next ones!)
  • The Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez (Haven't finished this one yet, but I like it. It reminds me of the Kite Runner, but about women.)
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (This one is tragic & I struggled with some of the content, but it is truly a great story.)
  • Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson (It's amazing what this guy has accomplished! Reading it makes you want to be a better person.)
  • The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards (An interesting look at they way the views towards Down Syndrome has changed in the last 30 years.)
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zukas (So good! I cried at the end)
  • Good Grief by Lolly Winston (This one was suggested to me by Alicia who always has great suggestions) :)
  • Tell No One by Harlan Coben (Mystery novel. I picked it up from my in-laws bookshelf and read it in just a couple days. I was disappointed there wasn't another book by him to read.)
  • The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas (I was surprised how much I liked this short novel. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sending you an email because I have a TON of reccomendations. I've been tearing though books with this commute time. Big list headed your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Jessi. I shall send you a long list asap.

    ReplyDelete